GS 3 Mains:
1. Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
2. Indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
3. Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
4. Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
5. Disaster and disaster management.
6. Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
7. Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
8. Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention
9. Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
10. Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate